Best Funeral Songs for Mom: Here is a selected best and most popular songs for funerals, it’s advised when meeting with the funeral director during the Mom’s service arrangements, Check all the details. You’ve got all the flowers picked out, the pallbearers lined up, and have even selected the menu for the catering.
The funeral director will ask you for the Music playlist, What songs do you have in mind?” at this point many songs will come to your mind base on your mom’s favorite music, But we have a comprehensive list featuring 10 of the best, most beautiful funeral songs for your mother.
The songs featured on this list are appropriate for a funeral.
Best Funeral Songs for Mom
Here is a combination of pop songs, country songs, or classic Christian hymns, we hope that you will find the perfect song for Mom’s funeral or find some inspiration in the list below.
- 10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter
- All My Tears by Selah
- Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground by Beth Rowley
- Don’t Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood
- Goodbye’s the Saddest Word by Celine Dion
- Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gill
- Hallelujah by Susan Boyle
- I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me
- In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan
- Jealous of the Angels by Donna Taggart
1. 10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter (1996)
This song is an old English folk song Fare Thee Well. Mary Chapin Carpenter’s haunting version remains true to the original lyrics.
2. All My Tears by Selah (2006)
The Christian band Selah is known for its beautiful renditions of many classic hymns. It’s a song that reminds us that as Christians when we die, we’ll be in a much better place.
3. Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground by Beth Rowley (1981)
Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground was originally written and performed by country music artist Willie Nelson in 1981, The song reflects the pure emotions that come when remembering your mom or any loved one who has passed away after battling a long illness.
4. Don’t Forget to Remember Me by Carrie Underwood (2005)
Carrie Underwood’s Don’t Forget to Remember Me is featured on her debut studio album “Some Hearts.” A beautiful tribute to a loving mother.
5. Goodbye’s the Saddest Word by Celine Dion (2002)
Goodbye’s the Saddest Word by Canadian artist Celine Dion features a soft yet crisp melody, The lyrics, which focus on a mother’s sacrificial love for her child, are pure and timeless, making this the perfect song for any mom’s funeral or memorial service.
6. Go Rest High On That Mountain by Vince Gill (1995)
Go Rest High On That Mountain is sung in the clear, strong voice of country singer Vince Gill. He wrote the song following the death of fellow country musician Keith Whitley, and later the death of his own brother.
7. Hallelujah by Susan Boyle (2010)
Hallelujah is another masterpiece of a song that is now considered a classic in many circles.
8. I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me (1999)
Christian band Mercy Me’s song I Can Only Imagine brings to life the peacefulness of being in the presence of the Lord,
9. In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan (1997)
Sarah McLachlan’s In the Arms of an Angel is one of those songs that pulls at your heart strings in just the right places.
They played the song I chose for my moms funeral, was the best concert. I know she would have loved it pic.twitter.com/gGPrX5Ha3o
— hunter (@Padawanthe3) June 24, 2016