Katherine Johnson Funeral, Memorial, Service, Coffin, Obituary: Creola Katherine Johnson was an American physicist and mathematician. pioneer for African-American women in the scientific community.
- Died: Feb 24, 2020 (age 101)
- Details of death: Natural causes at a retirement home in Newport
Katherine Johnson Bio
- Born: August 26, 1918, White Sulphur Springs, WV
- Died: February 24, 2020, Newport News, VA
- Spouse: Colonel James A. Johnson (m. 1959–2019), James Francis Goble (m. 1939–1956)
- Children: Joylette Goble, Constance Goble, Katherine Goble
- Awards: Presidential Medal of Freedom, NASA Group Achievement Award, Congressional Gold Medal
- Education: West Virginia University (1939–1940), West Virginia State University (1933–1937)
She attended West Virginia State University, She studied analytic geometry that was created specifically for her.
Katherine Johnson calculations of orbital mechanics as a NASA employee were critical to the success of the first and subsequent U.S. crewed spaceflights.
She was the recipient of prestigious honors, Like the NASA Lunar Orbiter Spacecraft and Operations Team Award for her role on the famed Apollo program.
Katherine Johnson married to James Francis Goble in 1939. The union brought about three daughters.
Katherine Johnson Funeral
You can read all story at Katherine Johnson on Wiki – We invite you to leave your memories and tributes below.